20 December 2011

Vintage Love



I love Marilyn Monroe, in fact I love the whole Hollywood glamour era. Everything from the make up to the clothing. I find a lot of my inspiration in the movies and the style. Monroe, what a beautiful girl here is a little quote which I love. And the song to accompany my state is Sonny Boy Williamson- his music speaks more than I could explain how much I love this guy. 

I think he is ace! Maybe a little sad but sometimes I think it is worth while doing some soul searching and reality checking, especially towards the end of the year. Figure out where you are, where you want to be, where you thought you would be and how far off or not you are. Life is a funny thing to think how much it twists and changes. Hell I am so far away from where I was 3 years ago, it almost feels like that life didn't exist, sometimes it hurts and all the things that did will break you heart all over again. People who have left your life, those who stayed, the ones you didn't think would be there when times were so shit, but were, the people you never wanted to leave but did. To all those people- they are part of the reason you are where you are now. 


I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Just something to think about before I leave you with a beautiful quote and epic song. 

“This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. 

Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world.

As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And babe, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything.

Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.” 




No comments:

Post a Comment